The main goal of the company’s restructuring is to prevent it from liquidation. This process includes a number of related processes and activities, leading to a change in the scope of the company’s systems such as internal, organizational and management system. What is more, it can lead to a change in the ownership and capital structure.
Company’s restructuring is a process of systemic changes in the firms operation that are aiming to increase effectiveness in realization of the specific goals. It is worth mentioning that increasing quantity of the restructured companies are focusing on tax optimization process.
Reasons for restructuring of the company are:
- lack of sales growth or negative growth in sales,
- low profitability,
- high taxed liabilities and therefore need for tax optimization,
- problems with timely commitments,
- high staff turnover including the management team.
In the process of company’s restructuring we outline the following steps:
- firm’s diagnosis and an audit,
- identification and classification of causes of problems, using the elements of strategic analysis,
- definition of the mission and strategic objectives,
- strategic gap analysis,
- selection of the strategic direction the company should follow along with identification of alternative directions for its development,
- determination of a detailed program for the process and a timetable for its implementation,
- calculation of the costs that are essential for implementing the restructuring program.
The restructuring process may involve a whole organization or only the selected area of its activity:
- Operational restructuring – business
- marketing restructuring (offer, sale),
- restructuring of enterprise resources (people, property),
- restructuring of the organizational and management system.
- Financial restructuring – money
- changes in the capital structure of the company,
- changes in the structure of its assets,
- changes in the cost size and its structure.
- Restructuring of ownership – power
- privatization of enterprises,
- mergers and acquisitions,
- other changes in the ownership structure of the company.
Our team has an extensive experience in this area, supported by a number of successes in the implementation of orders relating to mergers and acquisitions, both domestically and internationally.